Emily Carr Public School and Cross Vocal Academy
Honoree: Colin Brennan
Type of Artist: Vocalist
Name of School or Center: Emily Carr Public School and Cross Vocal Academy
Bio: Colin Brennan is 10 years old and was singing before he could talk. He was born and raised in Oakville, Ontario, Canada. Colin had to have extensive speech therapy to talk in full sentences. His autism gives him some special abilities. He can listen to a song that he likes and memorize all the words in a very short time. He also has perfect pitch when he sings, and has been singing “professionally” for two years.
Colin sings in the prestigious Oakville Children’s Choir. He is also a vocal student with Mr. Gregory Cross who appeared in Phantom of the Opera and Miss Saigon.
Most Recent Accomplishments:
• Burlington Music Festival: won 4 First Place Gold Medals, Junior Scholarship $75.00
• Glenburnie School Performing Arts Challenge: won 3rd Place for singing “Where is Love”
• Art From the Heart: Performed a duet with singer songwriter, Justin Hines, at the opening ceremonies.
• Canadian Model and Talent Convention (CMTC): Won First Place for Vocal/Singing
• Milton and Peel Music Festivals: won 3 First Place, 1 Second Place, one Third Place awards, two cash Scholarships
- $100 from Milton, $50 from Peel. Also sang at the Milton Grand Festival and Award Show.
• The Next Star Television competition: placed in the top 16 out of 4000 competitors
• Oakville Arts Council – Cogeco Stars Among Us: Top 3 finalist for Young Artist category